Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Spring Break- Day 4


Today was another fun beach day.  We were still sporting a little bit of sunburn so we didn't plan to head down until afternoon.  The weather couldn't have been more perfect.
This is how the day started..... More and more jelly on that toast everyday :-)
After breakfast, I was feeling a little sleepy and knew I couldn't spend the entire day down on the beach because of a sunburn so I decided to take a small morning nap.   The next thing I knew... it was 1:30 pm.   Yep I took a 4 hour nap in the morning.  Don't judge.. the room was completely dark.
Good thing it doesn't take me long to get ready for the beach.  I had assumed my position by 2:00. 

The boys took the boogie boards out for a while and played in the waves.  The surf has been pretty high so they had fun getting slapped around for a while.   

Something that has taken some getting used to is that people can drive cars on the beach. It is very common to see people jogging, walking, or riding bikes along the beach.  Normal stuff.... 

but then all of a sudden there's a Jeep. 

Or a totally non beach worthy car.    Tomorrow I may talk Stan into cruising the beach in the mini.  Crank down the windows and blare 80s music to mortify our teenagers.    Sounding better and better.

Then these 2 town idiots came strolling by.

For those of you not wearing your glasses right now... that is snake...  Yes a SNAKE.  I was just sitting there minding my own business and this completely creeped me out.   What kind of a complete freak walks the beach with Satan's pet in his hand???    In case you don't know.... I HATE SNAKES.


We went to Bubba Gumps for dinner tonight (Makenzie's choice) which was great.  And these are the pre and post dinner pics.   We came back to the condo to put on our fat pants after dinner.   
 
These 2 have enjoyed each other's company this trip and have been really sweet with each other.

 Day 5 coming up in the morning.... .I won't be sleeping late unless it's in my beach chair!!



post signature

1 comment:

Caryn C. Foresee said...

Died laughing.... non beach worthy car picture and the idiots with Satans pet pics! Please post if you do take the mini van on the beach!! Have a fun trip! Also, no judgement for the 4 hour nap.... in the morning