Saturday, July 14, 2012

Universal Studios- Day 3

We had another great day at Universal.  The day started very late.  We got home late last night, and didn't get in bed until after midnight.  So we had a sleep in morning.  I when I say sleep in, I mean I REALLY slept in.  I initially woke up early sometime before 7:00.  I got back in bed, and didn't wake up until TEN THIRTY!!! I can't remember the last time I slept that late.  It was raining at that point, so the kids watched a movie.  We didn't get to Universal until 2:00.  We went back to Universal because there were just a few things we didn't get done yesterday.  Some of the highlights of our day:
Despicable Me is the newest ride at Universal.  It opened this summer, and the lines were never under an hour wait.  So, we waited for 2 hours.  Very cute ride. 

Gru and my gang


There were HUNDREDS of these minions that came out with the other characters.  They ran around like crazies.  They'd come right up to you and start talking 90 miles an hour.  Very entertaining. 

EB from Hop
Spongebob

Squidward
Go Diego Go!!
This was a favorite of my kids when they were babies.  A little sad that they are grown up.  However, if they were still babies, we wouldn't be able to do this....

This rollercoaster is one of the funnest ones I've ever experienced.  If you look at the left side, it takes you straight up laying on your back.... The spiral tracks aren't used in the ride... it's probably an emergency exit or something??  You get to choose music that plays in your headrest during the ride.  The first time I rode it, I chose..."I Will Survive.."  HA!  Very fun rollercoaster.  Nope babies couldn't do this!  So each stage of parenting has its perks.


Another difference in this rollercoaster is that you don't have the shoulder harnesses and it does go upside down.  The first time I rode, it freaked me out a little... I will admit.  Good memory making!
Mason dancing with a Minion.  After you exited the Despicable Me ride, you went through a little room where the minions were having a dance party.  This ride was done well! 


Makenzie showing a Minion a few moves.... including shimmying!




MARGE


Thing 3
Mason not quite as thrilled to modeling the hats.  :-)


Blogger has been pretty slow in letting me upload pics.  We are actually on our way home.  We stopped in Birmingham.  We are getting ready to load up and come to ARKANSAS.  I will post more pics of Day 4 and the rest of the trip later.

 

post signature

No comments: