Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas...

I think each year Christmas comes earlier and earlier. Before you know it, there will be a bill going through Congress to move the Christmas date up. Some stores had Christmas decorations out for sale on the aisle next to the School Supply lists. Santa made his grand appearance at the mall last night. Madison's dance team performed for the event and then joined in the Santa parade through the mall. It was fun, and I will admit that the music did encourage my Christmas spirit hormones to begin stirring. HOWEVER... the jolly ole man used to stay at the North Pole until the last week of November. Craziness.

BTW...When is it too early to put up Christmas lights? I understand putting them up when the weather is warmer than usual... but for Pete's sake (whoever Pete is...) do NOT turn them on. I'd like to enjoy purchasing a Thanksgiving turkey before Christmas lights are turned on. I can remember vividly climbing up on the house with my dad to hang Christmas lights. But NEVER was it before Thanksgiving. I think that there is a law on the books that prohibits preThanksgiving Christmas lights. Maybe I'll spend my vacation researching that :-)




Merry Thanksgiving~~~

No comments: