Monday, April 7, 2008

Super Celebration Sunday~

Sunday, April 6, 2008 Makenzie was baptized. Both Nana and Grandma Simpson were here to celebrate with us.

Makenzie made her profession of faith two years ago with her Daddy. They prayed together and Makenzie asked Jesus to come into her heart. I was very nervous that she was too young and wouldn't remember anything when she was older. So we didn't press the issue of baptism until we knew it was a decision that she was making on her own. A couple of weeks ago, she asked us when she was getting baptized. So she went public with her decision, and her baptism was scheduled for this past Sunday.

When I woke Makenzie up on Sunday morning, the first words out of her mouth were, "Am I getting baptized today?" I responded yes to that question. And then I asked her, "Why do you want to get baptized?" And her immediate response was, "Because I love Jesus." Any doubt I had about her being ready was gone at that moment.

She is such a beautiful young lady with a bright bright future ahead... not just an earthly future, but an eternal future as well.

Enjoy the video~ It's the next best thing to being there.



post signature


1 comment:

Emily Ann said...

Congratulations to your daughter and family! That is such a wonderful and exciting thing.