Saturday, October 20, 2007

The Inaugural Blog of a Hunting Widow


Well here is my first attempt at a blog. I have been inspired by reading the blog of a former co-worker who was also Madison's 2nd grade teacher. I am at home without a husband and can't find anything else to do (nevermind the 18 loads of laundry to put away or the Easter decorations that need to be boxed up to make way for Christmas decorating...)

Stan is away at his mom's house for one of his yearly deer hunting trips. This is just the weekend trip to scout for the real trip that is coming up in a few weeks. I have several friends who are hunting widows, so I know you all understand! It is really good for Stan to get away and be in the deer woods. I think it adds years back to his life. He comes home rejuvenated and rested. I just wish he'd leave his varmits where he shoots them. But then he'd expect me to leave my shoes at the mall after I purchase them. I understand!!!

I love the fall and everything about this time of the year. So I'll close with my top ten favorite things about Fall, my most FAVORITE fall picture ever, and my most favorite man doing his FAVORITE fall activity.




Top Ten Favorite Things About Fall




10. Pumpkins, Hay, and Yellow Mums

9. Halloween night when friends come over to trick or treat, and eat Taco Soup!



8. Thursday night TV!!!!! (Grey's Anatomy)




7. Razorback football games

6. Aromatique Cinnamon Cider Potpourri

5. Pumpkin Spice Yankee Candles

4. Light weight jackets

3. Scarecrows

2. Crock pot soups

1. Crisp, chilly fall mornings!






Last year's fall picture taken as a surprise for Daddy for Christmas.

Poor deer.... I hope his family doesn't read this blog.



















2 comments:

Dallas said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I hope you enjoy it. Hey, I saw Jana B. today and she mentioned something about a party at your house on the 1st. She kind of invited me...is that invitation okay? What time? And can I tote along my newborn?

Pam Martin said...

Hi! I liked your blog about deer hunting widow. Hope you found time for all those fun things a wife gets to do while the husband is out deer hunting!